Building Awesome Whānau Toolbox Course – Hamilton (Single Parents)
July 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please note that this course is for single parents.
What you will learn
In six sessions, over six weeks, this course is packed full of ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and useful resources to help you build a great future for your whānau. The activities in this course cover tamariki aged 0–12 years. You are the most important person to your tamariki. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build YOUR awesome whanau.
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool korero! Communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – Living in the big wide world
Cost and payment
The regular cost to attend Toolbox is $75 per person or $110 per couple. However, we are happy to be able to offer this course at the subsidised rate of $18 per participant.
For more information, please phone Ruth on 0210413493 or email email@example.com.
The course will end on 1 September 2020.
Toolbox courses require a minimum of five participants to proceed.
This course will be running in person, but may move online (via Zoom) if Ministry of Health guidelines surrounding public gatherings change during the course.
Childcare is not available for this course.