Parenting a gifted child – 4 session online course – live stream via Zoom
October 22 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm$150
Clinical Psychologist Chantal Hofstee presents ‘Parenting a gifted child’ – an online course brought to you by Parenting Place
Having a gifted child comes with very real challenges that can make everyday live complex and exhausting for both the child and the parent. Having a clear understanding of how the child’s brain works and learning strategies that have been designed to support the gifted child’s emotional and mental health and wellbeing can make life happier and easier for the whole family.
This practical, 4 session course will help you understand the brain of your gifted child and his or her daily challenges better and will equip you with strategies that help reduce their stress and teach them skills to help them navigate the world.
The course will have a balance of:
- Questions and discussion
- Real-life examples
- Practical strategies to help your gifted child
Topics that are covered are:
- How the brain of a gifted child works differently
- The emotional and mental challenges of gifted children
- Strategies to improve emotion regulation and sleep
- Helping your child change negative thoughts
- The shared hopes, dreams and fears of parents of gifted children
- A community and systems approach to neurodiversity and inclusion for gifted children
Anyone working with gifted children and wanting to learn about giftedness is welcome to join the group.
Please note this ticket is for online course via zoom. You’ll be sent a link to take part closer to the time.
This four week course is for parents of children of all ages and will finish on Thursday, 14 November 2020.
$150 for an individual ticket or $250 for a couple. Discount will be applied in cart.
Please bring a notebook to write down your personal insights. For more information, go to renewyourmind.co.nz.