Hello from the work week ending 21 July 2017
This week a few of us from our team were feeling the beginnings of that dreaded mid-year slump and decided we would do something about it. We grabbed our coats and headed to the cinemas to join a theatre full of kids and parents to watch Despicable Me 3, armed with way more popcorn than we needed. We had some good laughs and enjoyed the 80’s and Michael Jackson references (which we aren’t quite sure the kids got but they certainly laughed loud when the good ol’ fart gun was used). It really was a welcome break from our desks and routines.
How are you doing? Are you needing a little pick-me-up this time of year too? Perhaps a little something out of your ordinary will do the trick – an evening walk at a neighbourhood park you’ve never explored before, a chai instead of your usual long black, or just a good ol’ laugh-out-loud movie. You’ve got this! (P.S. Let us know in the comments below or via email if you’ve got tried and true pick-me-up ideas to share)!
Look what we found
- How being a highly-sensitive mum affects your parenting – here
- Helping little ones with big emotions – here
- Stuck for birthday party ideas? Check out this super bear party a Kiwi mum threw – here
- A child’s behaviour is the outworking of what’s really going on – see below
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- Got a new entrant starting school this term? Here are some tips – here
- Praise your kids. Lots – here
- Slobbery kisses and squeezy neck hugs – a smitten Nana’s story – here
- Parenting on the same page (yeah, right) – here
And that’s a wrap!