Hello from the work week ending 14 April 2017
It’s Easter weekend! We hope that you and your family stay warm, safe and dry over the next few days, navigating the wild weather brought on by Cyclone Cook.
It’s been a busy week for our staff around the country and we are all eagerly looking forward to four days off to hang out with our families. No doubt many of us will be practising some of the words we learned this week at our Te Reo Māori classes. Mātua – parents, matua – dad (slightly confusing, we know), whaea – mum, mātua tipuna – grandparents and tamariki – children.
P.S. A few of our staff members shared their Easter family traditions with us and they are very sweet. Read them here.
Look what we found
Here are a few things that caught our mum squad’s eyes (and laughs) this week.
- Challenging stereotypes – why this mum loves her mother-in-law – here
- Meet the three-year-old party pooper – here
- What’s better than jaffas? Homemade jaffa slice – here
- What teens need most from their parents – an age guide – here
ICYMI: In case you missed it
- The gift of time – a dad’s perspective – here
- What a new family really needs – here
- Mastering the art of apologising – here
And that’s a wrap! Stay warm and safe, everyone!