Hello from the work week ending 28 April 2017
This week nature invaded our otherwise sterile Auckland office. The debacle started when our junior designer, who by the way, has an avid phobia of anything lacking exoskeletons, discovered a tiny worm making its way across her keyboard. One by one, colleagues sitting in the same area noticed the same intruders on their work area. Cue chaos. They were hanging out on computer screens and under desks. Some swift Googling by our creative manager identified them as Indian mealmoth larvae.
The bug man was called and we eventually found the guilty cupboard – one in the kitchen a few metres away where cereal was stored. We can only conclude that the larvae went on a grand adventure over the course of the weekend, journeying the treacherous landscape from the kitchen to our desks. Much to our delight, however, they are no more.
Look what we found
- Turns out bilingualism gives your child’s brain an advantage – here
- An accurate summary of motherhood – here
- Lessons learned from taking a four year old on a business trip, a dad’s perspective – here
- This video is an oldie but a new one for a few of us and we were unashamedly tearing up in the office – watch it below
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- Get fascinating conversations going with your kids with these questions, printable too! – here
- Got a strong-willed kid? This one’s for you – here
- Why we need to talk to our teens about 13 Reasons Why – here
- No sore losers in this house – here
Help us support New Zealand families
We are excited to be partnering with The Warehouse again to support New Zealand families through the Great Family Giveaway. Buy a $2 peel and reveal ticket fro your local Warehouse store and every dollar raised will help families in your community attend one of our life-changing Toolbox parenting courses!