We’re back for round 2!
Our first Whānau fun night was such a success that we’re doing it again.
Whānau Fun Night is an online quiz fundraiser run by Parenting Place, and hosted by Pio Terei and Petra Bagust with all proceeds going towards the work we do supporting all New Zealand families to thrive.
When and Where?
Saturday May 9 at 6PM in your own bubble with your bubble mates!
Last time, people even Facetimed other bubbles so they could share the fun with extended whānau!
What and How?
A fun night in playing against hundreds of other New Zealand families to take out the top spot and claim quiz master status. There are questions to get the whole family involved. For more about how – scroll down for the ‘How to play’ guide.
Click below to grab a ticket for your bubble – this is a fundraiser so tickets are by donation*
This ticket is for you and your whole bubble to attend Whānau Fun Night. We suggest a donation* of $10 or more, but we want everyone to be able to join! So please pay what you can and come join in the fun!
*Non-tax-deductible. If you would like to make an additional tax-deductible donation to Parenting Place, you can do so here
How to play
We’ll be using two apps to run the Whānau Fun Night. Zoom for the live stream and Kahoot for the Quiz.
It would be a good idea to prepare in advance – here’s a guide on what to do.
1. If you don’t already have Zoom and Kahoot installed on a device – you can do that now! Head to any app store for Kahoot (alternatively, if you’ll be playing along on a computer you can join at kahoot.it) Click here to install Zoom.
2. The easiest way to join in the fun will be either with two devices or two screens. One for Zoom and one for Kahoot. Make sure you have your set up ready to go before 6pm.
3. On Saturday 9 May, you’ll receive an email with a link to join us on Zoom Just before 6pm get your bubble/whānau together and click on the button ‘Join us’ in that email. This will open Zoom.
4. At 6pm Petra and Pio will guide you through how to join the Kahoot quiz using the app or website on a second screen or device. Let’s Play!
5. If you experience any problems, we’ll have support people standing by – contact us through Facebook messenger here.