Building Awesome Whānau
Building Awesome Whānau draws on the wisdom of mātauranga Māori and the best of Toolbox to offer you and your family a kaupapa that is unique to Aotearoa. Designed for whānau raising children aged 0-12, this course can be delivered over a number of weeks, or as a wānanga (facilitator dependent).
Some familiar faces have helped us to create this resource so it’s packed full of great ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and practical ideas to help you. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whānau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build your awesome whānau.
What’s covered in the six sessions?
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof – protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything
- Session 5 – Cool kōrero! – communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – living in the big wide world
Book a course
Building Awesome Whānau contacts
Naomi Taueki-Scott | email@example.com
Building Awesome Whānau trainers
022 6066 229 | firstname.lastname@example.org
021 194 6154 | email@example.com
Training for Building Awesome Whānau (0-12)
- Register your interest with BAW Trainers or Naomi so that you can be notified when a BAW Facilitator Training Workshop is happening in your region.
- Complete facilitator application
- Two-day training workshop
- Co-facilitation of your first BAW
If you will be facilitating BAW voluntarily in your community, the training costs will be $100 per person. If you will be facilitating BAW within the course of your employment or on behalf of an organisation, the cost will be $250 per person. (Approval of BAW facilitation is accredited to the person who trains, not the organisation.)