Parents are rarely short on what to worry about on behalf of our children. A very sensitive button gets pushed when we are faced with the challenge of our child not having a friend, not being included in what their friends are doing, or not being all that good at being the sort of friend others want to play with.
- Talk to your child’s teacher and find out how your child is doing at school
- What do you know about your child so far?
- It takes time to be a good friend
- Arrange for the occasional play date at your place
- Build a network of friends that includes playmates outside of school
- Be a friendly family